The current town site of Chadron was formally established in 1885 as a town on the Fremont, Elkhorn, and Missouri Valley Railroad. The town grew very quickly, and in a few years had a population of over 2,000.
Chadron also is the United States Forest Service headquarters of the Nebraska and Samuel R.McKelvie National Forests, and the Buffalo Gap, Fort Pierre, and Oglala National Grasslands. The Museum of the Fur Trade is located near Chadron, at the site of the American Fur Company's former Bordeaux Trading Post.
The City of Chadron has much to offer with it's beauty and history within driving distance. Some of the great features include: Chadron Art Alley (featuring the many talented artists in Chadron), Chadron State College home of the Eagles, Fur Trade Museum, Dawes County Museum, Fort Robinson, Chadron State Park and many miles of beautiful scenery and hiking trails.
CITY OF CHADRON Sites through City of Chadron and surrounding areas
ART ALLEY Local artists contributing their talents